Friday, July 4, 2008

Reaching out

Looking at the TV I am, at that little clock digital on the cable box
When should I do it? touch the raised knobs
The ones with the letters let them spell for me.

Reach out and touch,
Reach out and touch. What is the timing? At what time should I?
Hesitating, questioning, waiting to reach out and do such
Touch, not if but when? When?

Hate this do I, the waiting, the wanting to but still deciding
If
Should I? That I do know is yes, bloody yes!
Smile, do I
Depress the knobs I touch, I don’t.

Why the hell not!

The while all the time is crawling on
Still have I not touched it
Frak!
A fool such am I, wasting time when I could be conversating
About what should I be talking?
Commonalities established I have not, pathetic

Hard this is
Is this hard?
Hard this is
Touch back I can’t, I would if I could
Now for I can’t


But is there a future? A future is there.

No comments: