Thursday, September 4, 2008

TSTT

TS Bloody TT, yes the great TSTT.

For those of you who don’t know they are the oldest and majority supplier of telecommunication services in Trinidad and Tobago.

I’ve been having some major problems with these guys with regard to land line service and blink high speed internet. The later is just not happening. I got the broadband package early and it never worked not even bit. Not even the technical help guys were any help. TSTT if you are going to hire persons to give technical help over the phone at least they should be able to talk English reasonably well. What ever help they gave was as if read from a manual not intuitive, I mean man gosh! Nothing worked, after several visits to their local they finally told me that there is a coil or filter in my line to that I am able to receive calls due to my distance from what is essentially is the nearest relay center. They have to remove this filter so that I may have any chance of receiving any broadband service but if they do that I will not be able to receive any calls through that line. Now I have to wait and see if they are able to remove the filter.

In the mean time every time there is sprinkle of rain, phone service is interrupted for hours on end. I have called them more than twice and it is always the same response “we have taken note of it and will send a tech out” I think they said within (7) seven working days. I have yet to receive a visit by any of their techs or even a phone call when the phone is working. This totally sucks.
I have reduced my internet dial up package to the smallest that they offer which is 20hrs so that I can do various updates like anti-virus and so on and I am still not receiving value for money. I don’t even receive any cell service where I live, I will if I run out the road and walk around with my cell in my hand so that I can find service hot spots, ridiculous.

So what next, may be I switch across to Digicel or Flow when I get digital cable. I still will have to depend on them for my land line services…………. Well another dance with the devil.

No comments: