Sunday, April 19, 2009

5th Summit of the Americas And?

Well it has ended. The summit has come and gone the zones red and yellow has been dismantled. Now we can get back to normal.

It is now wait and see what the outcome of this event will be for the twin island state and the rest of the Caribbean and the Americas. What will the future be for Cuba our Caribbean sister?

Little focus was given by the media to any murders or criminal activity that happened over the summit weekend. I have heard of about three or four murders, who knows, there might have been a lot else that went unreported. I guess we were all excited by the goings on at the Hyatt and nothing is wrong with that.

There were times when things were tense between the security forces and some activist citizens. They even called drumming illegal in an attempt to stop the drum it to the summit and there was a tense standoff but cooler heads prevailed and the police was ordered to leave.

Looking at the news channels CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and the BBC there was some reporting on the summit but I don’t think that it was enough. Then again I wandered what was enough reporting? At least our country’s name was highlighted, Trinidad and Tobago.

Well I have work tomorrow, sometimes I wished I had enough money to live comfortably. I might happen...

No comments: